According to the study regulations for the faculty’s international programs (Studienordnung) candidates have to meet the following requirements before being admitted to the masters’ course:
- Academic degree in business administration (bachelor or German diploma):
Earned credits in business administration modules need to represent at least 50% of the overall credits of the bachelor degree. Morover, applicants are required to have earned 10 ECTS (or equivalent) or more in mathematics/statistics.
- A grade point average (GPA) equivalent to 2.2 or better according to the German grading system.
- Basic German language skills (a minimum of 260 hours of course work).
- Good English language skills (TOEFL* test: iBT 79 score; or Cambridge 1st Certificate, Grade A; IELTS 6.0 or TOEIC done in Germany score 785).
- Professor's reference letter (Business Administration / Economics).
- A motivation letter (in German for international applicants, in English for German applicants).
- Additional qualifications may be employed in the admission procedure (personal interview, etc.).
Students fulfilling only the minimum requirements with regard to their German language skills (260 hours of course work) may continuously improve those skills by attending special German courses offered by our institution.
For more information about the other academic tests, please refer to their websites: www.ielts.org and www.cambridgeesol.org. * TOEFL tests can be made year-round in many locations. For further information visit www.ets.org. (The Giessen University of Applied Sciences institutional code is 8711, the test results should be delivered to the address on the application form).